Sunday, August 10, 2014

DIY Organization: Never Lose Markers Again!

Markers are like bobby pins. They disappear and can never be found; or, the lids get lost and the markers become useless. This is a trick I learned that will help marker sets stay together and not get lost or accidentally stolen. 

All that you need for this project is markers and duct tape. I evenly lined up the markers on a flat surface. Then, I measured and cut duct tape a little longer than the length of the row of markers so that the tape would wrap around the two end markers just a little bit. Stick the duct tape along the length of the marker lids. At this point all the markers will be fairly secure. Then, flip over the set of markers. Fold over the tape on the top of the markers. Finally, I cut one more piece of tape to cover the other side of the markers.
*Make sure part of the lids stick up over the tape so that color of the lid is visible. 


I love how nice and neat this storage is (I got it at Walmart for a dollar or two). I had no clue when I bought this container how perfectly the marker sets would fit; but I was so happy when I realized the "puzzle piece" fit :) When the marker sets get returned to this container, I will know all the markers will be there and if they aren't, it will be obvious. 

Hope you enjoyed!

For the Love of Students,

Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment