Thursday, August 7, 2014

Organization DIY: School Supplies

I have to admit that I am not always the best about organization! However; when I am organized, I feel so much better about myself and want to spend time in the organized space. Since at least a third of my life will be spent in my classroom, I want a space that I will be happy in! I'm hoping that being more organized in my classroom will help save precious time that would otherwise be wasted on searching for lost papers/items. If everything has a place, and is returned to its place :) , the students and I will know exactly where to find things. I plan to share more about the organization in my classroom in future blogs. :)


I got this multiple compartment storage unit from Lowe's. It's meant as a tool box I am sure, but I think it is PERFECT for storing school supplies. It cost my around $15, but I know they go on sale because my friend just bought the same one for $10. 
NOW...to GLAM it up!
  • Fun paper. I bought a mini scrapbook paper book at Target and cut the paper to fit inside each compartment. 
  • White sticker labels to put over the colored paper so that category name will be visible. 
  • Double stick tape to adhere the paper to the inside of each little drawer.
  • Marker to write each category name
I purposefully left some containers empty so that there is room to grow my supply collection. Also, I may  realize new categories I would like to add in the future.
I got this container at Walmart. The reason I wanted this container, apart from the other, is because the drawers are deep enough to fit writing utensils. 
This container is for the students to access. The top drawer is for extra homework pages for the students who were absent or misplaced their homework. Then, there is lined paper for the students to use when they run out of writing space in journals, on tests, etc. Finally, in the bottom drawer, I will put papers without names so that students can find lost papers.


Cheers to DIY projects and cheers to staying organized! :)

For the Love of Students,

Emily

1 comment:

  1. Hi. Just wondering what you're using to store all the containers in? What is it that the containers are nested in?

    ReplyDelete